Terms & Conditions
WHAT DOES THE RENTAL AMOUNT INCLUDE?
The rental costs include the caravan/trailer, items on the inventory and insurance.
DURATION OF RENTAL
- The rental is based on a per night rate.
- Minimum rental of 2 nights.
- Luggage trailer is rented on a per day basis.
HOURS FOR COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Collection and return times by prior arrangement.
- Collection and return of caravan/trailer to Tarberlo Adventure Rental’s premises, being
60 Coronation Street, Cullinan, or as per agreed address.
- Complete the booking form by indicating number of nights and additional items required.
- A quote will be issued on this basis which will be valid for 24 hours.
- A 50% deposit of the rental amount is payable within the validity period of the quote to confirm the reservation.
- The signed quote with all required documentation and proof of payment for the deposit must be returned in order to finalise the booking within the 24 hour quote validity period.
- Balance of the rental amount and refundable deposit will be due 14 days before collection date.
- On return, the caravan/trailer will be inspected for damages or losses and these will be recovered from the refundable deposit.
- The refundable deposit will be refunded within 7 working days or after costs of damages or losses have been established.
CANCELLATION & LATE RETURN POLICY
- Booking deposits are only refunded if cancellation is received 30 days prior to collection date.
- If the caravan is returned early, for any reason, no refund will be considered.
- All late returns will incur a penalty at the rental rate plus 50% per day for every day that the caravan is late.
- Clear copy of valid RSA drivers licence of the driver(s)
- Clear copy of RSA ID document of driver(s)
- Proof of residence (not older than three months)
- For cross border travelling, towing vehicle registration certificate and proof of insurance.
- Proof of banking details (letter or statement by bank not order than 3 months) for refund purposes.
WHY WE REQUIRE THE DOCUMENTS
- A copy of your ID is required for insurance purposes in the event a claim arises. This also assists with ensuring that the cross border documentation is accurate to ensure a smooth transition across borders.
- A copy of your drivers licence is needed for trailers with a GVM above 750kg in which case a code EB licence is required both from a legal and insurance perspective. A code B licence is sufficient for trailers with a GVM of less than 750kg.
CHARGING OF BATTERIES & FRIDGE
- Most campsites have 220V electricity to which the trailer is connected to charge the batteries and keep the fridge cold. Solar panels will be required when travelling to bush camps that do not have electricity.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR THE CARAVAN
- Porter Potty
- Extra Gas Bottle
- Solar Panels 80W
- Jerry cans
- Linen for beds
- Camping Chairs
- Hose pipe
- Cross Border fee